Monday, November 10, 2014

Book Review - The Woodlands by Lauren Nicolle Taylor

The Woodlands

by Lauren Nicolle Taylor


Rating ****(4 Stars)


I love the dystopian genre. I think there is something about tarring down the system and making the world a better place that resonates with our current society. Just look at the protest in Hong Kong. We are living in a world that needs to be fixed. I think that is why dystopian literature is so popular at the moment, and why it is mostly geared towards young adults.

I had no idea what to expect when I first picked up The Woodlands. It was free and looked interesting. I had no idea that it was going to be such an amazing series, well book since I have not finished the series.

The writing is good, allowing you to forget the words and get lost in the characters. The characters have their flaws, but that is what helps make them real. I found them to be realistic and agreeable given the society.

The plot is interesting. It is not majorly unique in dystopian literature. However it is not boring and overdone as well. I cannot wait until I get book two and continue on in the series.

The best part is the book is still free (check before purchasing) so you have nothing to loose and everything to gain!


No comments:

Post a Comment