Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Book Review - Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver

by Maggie Stiefvater


Rating ***(1/2)
 
 
 
Shiver is a first in a young adult series that features werewolves. It is hard to find a series that features paranormal creatures that is different and exciting. Yet, Shiver does deliver on the different aspect at least.
 
The writing is good, and the plot is unique, and the characters are relatable. It is a young adult novel, so it is about young love, which can be a bit hard to believe at times. However, I do appreciate that the novel is clean and respectful for younger readers. The werewolf plot development is unique, I have not seen anything really close to it. I am not saying it isn't out there, just that I have not seen it.
 
 
Should you read it? Yes, it is well worth reading, and the ebook price is reasonable as well. As an added bonus it is part of Kindle Unlimited. Which, is admittedly one reason why I started this series. I do plan on continuing onto the next book, and am eager to see what happens.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment