Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Review - 5-Minute Recipes

5-Minute Recipes

by Instructables



Rating - ** (Two Stars)

What do you expect when you see a book titles 5-Minute Recipes? I do not know what I was thinking when I originally purchased the book. To be honest it was probably during a free kindle book buying spree. However, when I was looking through my books I was hoping to get some quick and easy tips to add to our current eating selection.

Did I? Not really. The book opens up with a cake in a mug recipe that has equal parts sugar to flour. It left me little hope that any recipe in the book was even adaptable. That being said I did find about six paleo adaptable recipes. I did count the recipe to use banana as ice cream - it did at least contain nice instructions on how to do it.

My biggest complaint for the book is the formatting. The recipes were constantly cut off by pictures. While it is great that pictures were included, it made it difficult to page through fifteen pages for one recipe. The beginning of the recipes have who posted the recipe, and a link back. So, all the recipes were not even created by the "author". The formatting is overall very poor.

My second complaint is that about half of the recipes could not in any conceivable fashion be done in 5-minutes. How can you cut up tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers in five minutes, let alone make something out of them.

I suppose it is no surprise that the book is no longer available on Amazon. It was not very thought out and read much more like a blog post - not that there is anything wrong with blog posts. I suppose it is no surprise that I did find the information reprinted on the web here.

No comments:

Post a Comment