Friday, February 7, 2014

Book Review - Life From Scratch

Life From Scratch


by Melissa Ford


Review **** (4 stars)
 
 
 
No, Life From Scratchis not a memoir by a make it big blogger. It is a fictional account of a make it big blogger. Yes, blogging has made it into fiction. A recently divorced, new to cooking, food blogger - I mean diarist blogger. She is neurotic, lovable, and completely infatuated over her ex-husband.

This novel is a coming of age story for the 30 something women. It is about change and self discovery, with a reminder to appreciate what you have before you toss it away.

I related to this story in many ways. While my marriage was long over before my actual divorce, there was still a grieving process, followed by some not so brilliant choices - just like the main character.  Also, like the main character I dealt with many of my journey with putting fingers to keyboard. When Melissa Ford described the joys of hours spent pouring fourth words I could completely relate - except for the part about actually being able to sit uninterrupted at a keyboard during daylight hours.

The writing and characters are engaging. The plot is relevant to the modern computer era, and the fast place world of take out. The sequel has already been added to my Amazon wish list!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment