Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Book Review - Priceless

 

Priceless


by Shannon Mayer


priceless



Rating - **** (4 stars)

I have been trying to find another really good paranormal romance or urban fantasy series. While I love Patricia Briggs and Kim Harrison I can only reread the books so many times. The current market is so saturated that you are more likely to pick up a book that appears to be written by someone who did not even pass their sixth grade literature course. While I have my own difficulty with spelling and grammar, there is a point where you just can not ignore it.

I have had Priceless in my to be read pile for a long time. I picked it up when it was offered for free on Amazon. I was afraid of another horrible disappointment.

After the first chapter I knew that this was going to be a good series. The writing is good, not poetic literature like Dickens, but quality enough to get lost in the drama of the book. The characters are good, they are strong willed but mostly believable. There could have been some more development, but overall it was a great start. I foresee me happily reading through the rest of the books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment