Monday, August 25, 2014

Book Review - Jane Eyre by

jane eyre

Jane Eyre


by Charlotte Bronte


Rating ***** (5 stars)


It has been a very long time since I had first read Jane Eyre. I mean I think I was about twelve at the time. I only had vague memories of the book, but I remembered it as a idealistic romance.

Wow was I a young naïve soul.

Jane Eyre is depressing. It was an updated (well for the time) version of Romeo and Juliet. Except for opposing families, there were different social classes.

I suppose in truth Jane Eyre ended on a less depressing not then Romeo and Juliet. There still left the hopeless romantic reader hope for a happy ever after to their young idealistic love. How young it was - Jane is only eighteen during most the main plot.

There are a lot of classics that you wonder why they ever were turned into classics. Jane Eyre is not one of these. It is a masterpiece that drags emotions from the reader and leaves you holding on for the end.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment