Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Book Review - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rawlings

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


by JK Rawlings


hpchamber

Rating ***** (5 stars)



I have a fear sometimes of going back and rereading books. Specifically this is when the plot to the books are so ingrained in my head. Harry Potter is such a pop culture figure that nearly everyone knows how the story goes. If they have not read the book, then they have seen the movie, or heard about it from someone who has. I my case all three.


It is not that I remember the Harry Potter books as this horrible piece of fiction. On the contrary I remember loving the books, specifically the first five in the series. It is just I have read them so many times. I reread them all before reading the next book in the series, before seeing the movies, and just when I felt like it. Admittedly it has been a few years since I have last picked them up. This is why I could once again enjoy the words on the page.

It also has helped me to appreciate that the second book in the Harry Potter series is a really good book. It is even better then the first. It is well written, has a great plot, and flows very well. It is truly a book to make you love reading. So, if it has been a few years - pick them up again. If you know a child who has not read them yet - share them. It will be a magical experience.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment