Monday, July 14, 2014

Book Review - A Shade of Vampire

A Shade of Vampire

by Bella Forrest




Rating *** (3 stars)
 


 

 
My allergies have been off the charts, and I wanted  a nice easy read. As much as I love non fiction, when I am ready to escape I turn to paranormal romance. 

A Shade of Vampire has been the rage as of late. I must have picked up the book when it was free since I already had it as part of my collection. It seemed like the perfect read.

Except, it was not all that great. The story is about a strong willed 17 year old who is kidnapped off a beach and taken to an island of vampires as a gift for a vampire prince who has slept for the last 400 years.

The plot has potential. The execution was that of a short story. There were hints of story line development, but nothing really teased out. The whole meet each other and fall instantly in love (which is close enough to what happens) is a bit over and done.

My mind is in a whirl about how many places this story could have gone, yet it did not even come close.

This is a first novel, and because of the reviews that I have heard I am more inclined to give the series another shot, and read the second book. I can see potential in the writing skills and plot development. My main concern is that this first book has so many amazing reviews, when it is not even close to being a five star book.

If you have it on your kindle you should read it, it will take you a couple hours at most. If you are thinking about paying eight dollars to get the paperback version I would strongly suggest that you see if you can get it through your local library or borrow it through Kindle Prime instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment