Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Review - The Outlaw Demon Wails

The Outlaw Demon Wails
by Kim Harrison


Rating **** 1/4 (4 1/2 stars)

If you have already made it to the sixth book in a series you are pretty invested. I know I could not let go at this point - just look at the Stephanie Plum series. I think I made it to book eighteen (maybe I should not admit that).

So the question is - should you continue. Yep, hand down you should. The reason that Kim Harrison is such a great writer is that even her slow books are still good. This is not a slow book. Unlike some series you cannot start this mid series. If you have not read this series yet stop right now and go take a look at my review for book one - Dead Witch Walking.

This book lays the foundation for a twist in the series. We have been with Rachel for five books by now, we have a pretty good idea of who she is. Yet, there is still stuff that she does not know about herself.

The beauty of the plot twist is that you can go all the way back to book one and find evidence of it. Did Ms. Harrison have this planned out all along, or did she make the series change with the facts already presented? Honestly, I have no idea, nor does it matter if it all fits together. (It really bugs me when things to not fit). So, continue on. It gets even better from here.



The Hallows Series


No comments:

Post a Comment