Friday, March 7, 2014

Book Review - Big Nate Goes for Broke

Big Nate Goes for Broke

by Lincoln Pierce


Rating **** (4 stars)

My son has been devouring Big Nate books for years now. He moved on to them after catching up with the Wimpy Kid books. I, however, have never picked one up before now. I was in the mood for a light read when I saw one of his books on my Kindle list.

I honestly thought the book would be a series of cartoon panels. I was happy to find that it is a written book that is highlighted with the drawings of the main character, a middle schooler who has a bit of a problem of getting in trouble. He also has an overactive imagine which he channels into his drawings.

This book is about the drawing club that Nate and some friends created. It is also about a rivalry with a local middle school, creativity, and including girls into their group.

The book is well written, entertaining, and clean. The humor and even antics of Nate are appealing to elementary school and middle schoolers alike. It is no wonder that J loves these book. I do not think that it will be long before L starts picking up these books as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment