Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book Review - Beginner Paleo Cookbook

Beginner Paleo Cookbook

by Scarlett Aphra


Rating ***** (5 stars)

It is rare for me to pick up a cookbook and want to make even half of the recipes inside. My children are picky. I can tell from the recipe how big of a panic attack it will produce in L. While I want my children to be healthy - I want to have some sanity left when (if) they move out of the house. 

This is a double gem cookbook. It is a cookbook that I will not only cook more then half of the recipes - it leaves me wanting to try a few of the more adventurous ones as well. 

This book has my children's current favorite recipe - Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes. These pancakes are great with some syrup on top with a side of fruit. They are also great as hamburger buns and sandwich bread. Yes these are our current bread replacer. L was so happy to have a "normal" lunch of PB&Honey. 

There are plenty more recipes to find as well. I can not wait to try the blueberry muffin recipe. The banana walnut bread recipe is on the breakfast menu for next month. The lunch selection is a bit slim, consisting of mostly soup or salad. There are some good looking, and simple, recipes for dinner. I can see us coming back to them in a few more months. By then we will probably have already tried every desert recipe in the book. It includes ice cream, chocolate mousse, brownies, cupcakes, and even chocolate chip cookies. I know my kids will eat those.

The second major bonus of this book is the value. This is not a high priced publication by a big name paleo blogger. It does have the quality of a high priced publication. So you get great recipes for a fraction of a cost - hence the double gem part. 



No comments:

Post a Comment