Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Review - Long Live The Queen

Long Live the Queen

by Kate Locke


 
Rating *** 1/2 (3 1/2 stars)
 
 
This is the third and final book in The Immortal Empire series. I am glad to say that our take no prisoners heroin is back - for the most part. But hey who would not become a little maternal when united with our genetically altered, laboratory grown, demonic offspring?
 
Do not get me wrong - this is not Charles Dickens. However, for urban fantasy this is a pretty good series. Not quite Patricia Briggs or Kim Harrison - but pretty close. The setting is unique for the genre (although it does seem like every book I have read lately is set in London). The characters are likable, and the plot is not overtaken by physical relations.
 
If you have made it through the second book, then you must pick up the third. Although, the first book was still my favorite, the third book does not seem as rushed and shallow as the second book. It also has a nice ending to the trilogy - or perhaps just a set up for the next round of books. Either way I am quite content while I wait to see what else Kate Locke produces - for she is now on my too be watched list.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment