Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book Review - Christmas Cats - A Christmas Picture Book for Kids

Christmas Cats - A Christmas Picture Book for Kids

by Rachael Poole



Rating ***(3 stars)

Christmas Cats - A Christmas Picture Book For Kids is more a collection of adorable pictures of cats then an actual book. There are a total of 46 pictures of cats and kittens posing in various holiday cheer. Some are in stockings, other with hats on their heads, and others are wrestling with a Christmas tree.

The pictures are professional, and I am nearly certain were taken for the express purpose of creating this book, as opposed to some collections where you are sure they collected them off the internet. Each picture is decorated with a digital scrapbook feel to the page.

The book is cute, and I can see S and L both enjoying themselves while looking at the pagers. Which brings to mind my problem with this book. They will only be looking at the pages, because their is nothing to read. Maybe I am weird, but I like books to have words in them. I like my kids to read books with words in them - even if they are only looking at the pictures. This book does not even need an actual plot - just a phrase per each page about a kitten in socks, or something along those lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment